Surface Technology is an approved Xylan coating applicator with decades of experience in applying a wide range of Xylan coatings. We offer a UK-wide, fast turnaround, quality assured service.
Xylan coatings are dry-film lubricants combined in a matrix with high-temperature organic polymers developed to provide unique and desirable properties.
Xylan coatings provide lubrication and controlled friction, wear resistance, heat resistance, non-stick and release properties. At the same time they also protect from corrosion. They are extreme performance coatings – working under heavy loads, at high temperatures, in chemical and corrosive environments.
Xylan is used in a wide range of industries including automotive, oil & gas, food, aerospace and rubber manufacturing.
Our technical team will work with you to choose the optimum Xylan coating and method for your application. Call us today!
Xylan Coating Properties:
• Low friction: CoF as low as 0.02
• Wear resistance: even under extreme pressures
• Corrosion and chemical resistance in most environments
• Weather resistance: against sunlight, salt water and road chemicals
• Wide temperature operating range: from -420°F to +550°F (-250°C to 285°C)
• Flexible curing schedule: ambient to 750°F (400°C)
• Wide colour range: colour-code your product
• Pliability: Many Xylan coatings will bend freely and repeatedly without breaking
• Machinable: apply multiple coats of Xylan coating (most formulations) and mill to specification
• Excellent adhesion
Xylan Coating Applications:
• Dough hoppers and mixing bowls
• Conveyor systems
• Rubber mold tools
• Chemical storage vessels
• Threaded fasteners